Monday, May 5, 2008

Mother's Day

A tribute to Moms - for Mother's Day!
Good Morning,
I recently came across this delightful tribute to moms, by Randy Duermeyer. I thought it so pertinent that I've decided to share. All those pieces of wisdom that Mom used to give you as a child still hold true today - even as an adult.
10 Tidbits of Mother's Wisdom: A Tribute to Moms Everywhere

It will soon be the fifth anniversary of my mother's passing. Like all children who are blessed with a mother to guide them through life, many of my mother's sayings still resound. I continue to appreciate many of them to this day. As Mother's Day approaches, I thought it would be a fitting tribute to discuss how some of her famous, never-to-be-forgotten sayings apply to my everyday business life, even now. I think most of you will relate to these timeless pieces of wisdom:

  1. Always wear clean underwear: you never know when you might get in an accident. Dress appropriately for the occasion and be prepared if a prospect or client might want to see you on a moment's notice.
  2. Did you finish your homework? Have you really investigated that business opportunity? Are you really prepared to make your presentation to a client or a prospect? Did you check out your partners before deciding to do business with them?
  3. Look both ways before you cross the street. A lot like Did you finish your homework - don't run your business with your eyes closed. Be alert to potential opportunities and try to think outside of the box from time to time. Investigate a company before you turn over your hard-earned cash for a business opportunity or franchise.
  4. Eat your vegetables or you can't have dessert. We all have things we don't like to do, but they have to get done anyway, at some point so don't put them off. You never know, later on you just might like vegetables!
  5. People in the world will starve if you don't finish your plate. Don't waste valuable resources. Recycle, re-use, re-purpose.
  6. Clean up your room. Organise your office or workspace. Get your filing into the drawer. Create a pleasant and clean working environment for yourself.
  7. Go ask your father. Sometimes it pays to get a second opinion when you're stuck on making a decision. It never hurts to ask for advice.
  8. Do you think money grows on trees? Solid money management is important to keeping your financial head above water. If you need to make a purchase, shop around. Take advantage of all of your available tax deductions. Keep track or your return on investment.
  9. Don't you think it's past your bedtime? No matter how excited you are about what you are doing, you need your rest in order to be effective. Don't work into all hours of the night as it will negatively impact your health.
  10. Are you planning to sleep all day? Get up! With all of the freedom that having a home business or working from home provides, you need to be disciplined enough to create an effective schedule for your work activities and stick to it. (Ref: http://homebusiness.about.com/b/2007/05/09/10-tidbits-of-mothers-wisdom-a-tribute-to-moms-everywhere.htm)

Quotes from Others About Mothers and Motherhood

"Ever since I was a little girl I knew I wanted to be a mom. That was really important to me. I made that clear to my team members even before I had my kids. I made it clear to everyone from the outset that I wanted to keep family first, my husband and me at first, but that I would be including kids eventually. I'm fortunate that I work with an amazing team of people who understand and support that." -- Kathy Ireland.

"Every mother is like Moses. She does not enter the promised land. She prepares a world she will not see." -- Pope Paul VI. (Ref: http://homebusiness.about.com/b/2007/05/09/10-tidbits-of-mothers-wisdom-a-tribute-to-moms-everywhere.htm)

So, let's all spoil the mom's in our lives and we have a wonderful range of gifts to offer. Log onto our website for more details on our amazing gift offers. And if your mom lives overseas and you'd still like to get a gift to her for Mother's Day, we can assist. Simply click the icon below for more detail on our overseas offers.

Remember, we are your one stop gift solution shop. We cater for any occasion that requires a gift. We have gift vouchers, gift baskets, gift registries and so much choice and variety. Whatever occasion you're looking for, we will have something suitable. We pride ourselves on making your shopping experience quick, easy and convenient - saving you time, money and energy.
Remember that we have a range of unique handcrafted gift items to suit every gift requirement. If you can't find what you're looking for, simply
e-mail us for assistance.

No comments: