Sunday, August 5, 2007

Soul Searching

Soul Searching

The other day, an acquaintance asked me why I always post inspiring messages on my blogs. I did not have an answer then, but having taken a couple of days to think about it, I believe I have uncovered three main reasons with a whole host of subsidiary reasons. The person wanted to know why I never post jokes or express my sense of humour. So, well, here goes…

Firstly, I have such a whacked sense of humour, I would never be able to express it adequately in words. This could result in my being given a rather stylish, but tight fitting white jacket and placed in a small square room where I couldn’t hurt myself. KiddingJ. I love Terry Pratchett’s humour, but mine may be even more over the top and I have unfortunately not been given the grace or eloquence with words that he has been given. Therefore this may result in numerous misunderstandings of said whacked sense of humour. Therefore, I simply refrain.

Secondly, what I post on my blogs, I find inspiring. Every message or quote or biography quoted has inspired and motivated me in some way. I truly believe that we all receive messages or go through situations in our life that aid us in become so much more than what we currently are and that lead us to who we are supposed to be in this life (way deep, I know…) and that continually shows us our life’s path. Every quote, message or biography has aided a deeper understanding of who I am and where I want to be in this life and the next.

Which leads me to my third reason – that if I can help someone by inspiring or motivating them by the blogs I post, then I feel like a good thing has been done. Almost like that movie with Helen Hunt and Haley Joel Orsmond in Pay it Forward – where if you have a good turn done to you, instead of paying the person back that did the good turn, you then pass that good turn onto someone else who needs it. And they in turn pass it onto someone else. If someone can inspire me and I can use that message to inspire someone else, then we can all become what God intended for us to be – healthy, wealth and wise. Hope I’m not confusing the point I’m trying to make or sounding arrogant or anything like that.

Anyway, maybe, when I’ve experimented a bit more with trying to express my sense of humour adequately in the written form, I’ll be brave enough to try these on the blogs. Who knows? Maybe the men with white jackets won’t pay me a visit after all… You just never knowJ!

Regards,
M.

No comments: