Tuesday, July 10, 2007

The Husky Puppy Saga ... help the Animal Anti-Cruelty League!

Hi,

I’m sure you have all read or heard about the absolutely horrible story about the farmer sawing off his husky puppy’s head recently. If not, go to these links:

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2133044,00.html or http://www.news24.com/News24/South_Africa/News/0,,2-7-1442_2134946,00.html

The encouraging thing about all of this is the amount of people who signed the petition and who were outraged about all of this. It shows that those people who care are willing to take a stand.

I would like to take a stand as well - for all purchases made on my site from now until the end of July, Eastern Gifts and Things cc will donate 2.5% of all sales to the Animal Anti-Cruelty League. And my reason for doing this? Well, I have a husky puppy - Liska. Yes, she is naughty and yes, she is probably the most vocal dog on the planet (as husky’s are known to be), BUT she is just full of love. When you’re feeling ill, or you come to our house, all she wants to do is love you and make you feel welcome. It made me feel sick to think that someone could actually do something like this.

I have attached a photo of her for you to see how beautiful she is.


Kind regards,
M.

No comments: