Saturday, July 14, 2007

What's your fear?

Ah, a subject everyone loves to discuss. My fear? Spiders. Without a doubt - the little creepy crawlies just really "grill" (such an effective Safricanism) me completely. When we find one in the house, my dear Hubby has to sort the, err, little problem out. No killing, mind you. They are one of God's creatures - I just prefer to not have one of these creatures of God in my house. Let them roam free - out in the bushveld is what I say.

So, yesterday, I receive this e-mail. To say that it irked me is a complete understatement. Apparently said hand in the pictures was bitten by a violin spider (or vioolspinnekop) and this is the progress of the bite over 10 days. The e-mail does not say what the outcome was - if pictured hand lost thumb or if all was cured in the end. It just states that we need to educate our children. Well, seeing as I don't have any kids, I'll just educate myself and run whenever I see one of these.

Regards,
M.

From the e-mail: In SA it's the violin spider (vioolspinnekop) which has a violin shaped image on the back. Please take note of this spider – it is very dangerous. Please send to every one you know to alert them as well!


DAY 5:


DAY 6:


DAY 9:


DAY 10:

No comments: